Core Courses Submissions
A&S Core Submissions
The Core Curriculum Advisory Committee (CCAC) and the College of Arts & Sciences Curriculum Committee work together to evaluate courses submitted for inclusion in the College's core curriculum.
The instructions for how to do this in the new Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM) system are forthcoming. These instructions will be emailed to all A&S UPDs and Chairs. Please hold Core changes until you have received these instructions from Lauren Muhl.
Courses submitted will fall into one of five categories.
- Adding entirely new courses
- Adding existing courses that need catalog changes
- Catalog changes may include updating the course number, prefix, title, course description, etc.
- Adding existing courses requiring no catalog change
- Adding a non-A&S course (with or without catalog changes)
- Removing a course from the Common Core or a Distribution List
All five types of courses must be submitted for consideration to the CCAC. Please review the preliminary guidance document to aid you in your work.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The final deadline for Core Course Submissions for consideration in the upcoming catalog is January 31st.
Proposals for Creative Arts Experiences (CAEs) are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. Visit the CAE website for more information about how to propose an event. Please note that events must be submitted 30 days in advance to be considered for CAE approval.